Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Near Encounter with Pleasant Rowland!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know this is a little silly to post about, since Pleasant Rowland lives in my city- so it's not like she's that inaccessible, but I was still excited.

    My partner works at a local Borders and yesterday Pleasant's assistant came in to pick up a book that was on hold for her. My partner found the book and sold it- so the book my partner touched will soon be in the hands of Pleasant.

    The book? The UV Advantage: How to harness the power of the sun for your own health.

    That was my little AG celebrity excitement for the weekend. I feel a little dorky for being so excited!

  2. #2
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Wait! I thought she didn't live in Madison anymore!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's so cool!I would love to meet Pleasant T.Rowland!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member colettedenali's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2004
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jenny,
    Perhaps she ordered the book here and it took a while to come in? At first my partner couldn't find the book and the assistant thought it might be under her husband Jim's name.

  5. #5
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Collette...I thought she lived in NY, now. I would love it if she still lived in this area!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Or maybe she has a second home in the area? or was visiting friends or family for a bit?

    Lara

  7. #7
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I bet she has a second home here...

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The American Girl website says she lives in Madison (scroll to bottom of page):

    http://www.americangirl.com/corp/html/customers.html

    Yikes--since my mom had malignant melanoma skin cancer, that title scares me. Unless it's talking about solar powering your home! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ October 31, 2005 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •